Injection Molding Press Operator
Duties include operation of injection molding machines, finishing and trimming of parts, inspecting parts, reporting paperwork, housekeeping duties and other duties as assigned.
· Trims excess material from part, using knife.
· Grind scrap plastic into powder for reuse.
· Cut off excess material.
· Inspect products for surface defects and flaws.
· Ensure conformance to specifications.
· Coat dies with parting agent.
· Operating plastic injection molding machines and inspecting product
· Package product to customer requirements, label product containers with proper ID label, identify molding problems, and notify Molding Technician for corrections
Perform assembly of product as directed, complete daily production activity log, maintain stable mold cycle, and maintain a clean work area
First Shift Hours- 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Second Shift Hours - 3:30 pm to 11:30 pm
Third Shift Hours - 11:30 pm to 7:30 am
$11.00 per hour.
Tool Shop - Machinist
This position machines parts for injection molds in the plastics industry using CNC Lathes, CNC Mills, CNC Multi Axis Machining Centers and performs CAD/CAM programming.
• Performs CNC operations including programming, machine set-ups, calibrations, adjusting speeds, feeds, and depth of cut, to machined parts to specifications set forth in blueprints, drawings, engineering orders, etc.
• Maintains specifications by observing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; editing programs; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Handle molds with hoists, die trucks and power-assisted trucks.
First Shift Hours:
6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Tool Shop - Entry Level
This entry level position will be working with experienced tool and mold staff to learn the skills of the trade. The approach is hands-on through the assignment of a variety of tasks designed to cover all basic aspects of the trade
• Work with mold makers to learn the tool and mold trade.
• Become proficient in the operation of machines necessary to accomplish work needed to repair, build and complete major revisions to tooling. Machines include CNC Lathes, CNC Mills, CNC Multi Axis Machining Centers and CAD/CAM programming.
• Handle molds with hoists and power-assisted trucks.
• Operate company vehicles to pick up or deliver product or supplies - must have valid operator's license
• Responsible for Tool Shop tools, inspect tools and supplies and locate in the appropriate areas
• Clean machines and sweeps/mops shop floors to ensure they are clean and safe.
6:30 am to 3:00 pm
Quality Floater (2nd Shift)
Visual inspection and documentation of materials required to complete production and the quality of current production and finished goods.
• Learn the AMM412 area and help sort 100% of all Autoliv parts
• Learn NC area by signing parts in and out of daily log. Sort part on containment record
• Helping the auditor check finished goods
• Pull finished goods pallets to the warehouse off the floor and fill out inventory sheet
• Email quality issue updates
• FPP/LPP- using Unipoint to check and inspect parts
• Moisture checks- 1 time per shift
• Assist in training new hires
Second Shift Hours:
3:00 pm- 11:30 pm
Mold Tech (3rd Shift)
Sets up and operate injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials. Responsible of maintenance of injection processes to meet standard cycle times and quality requirements. Experience and knowledge of proper operation of injection molding press and material handling equipment and ability to operate a forklift is required.
• Perform mold changes
• Install dies on machines according to work specifications
• Responsible for maintenance of injection processes to meet standard cycle times and quality requirements
• Experience and knowledge of proper operation of injection molding press and material handling equipment and ability to operate a forklift is required
• Must be avaliable to work overtime and weekends (if needed)
11:00 pm- 7:30 am